During that day, on 11 May 2016, nobody could have guessed that within a year both helicopters # 143 OM-ATR, and # 202 OM-BYM would have been destroyed, killing 6 occupants, and severely injuring two. This is quite remarkable. Although the circumstances of the accidents are very different, both helicopters have a lot in common. An accident investigation report of the first crash on 7 September 2016 has not yet been published.
Approximately 300 Bell 429 Global Rangers are currently operating around the globe.
This was the fifth Bell 429 that was destroyed during a crash landing. The other airframes involved are:
- #046, XC-VVE on 15 August 2015.
- #197, RA-01617 on 1 January 2016.
- #143, OM-ATR on 7 September 2016.
- #249, N598PB on 15 February 2017.
- #202, OM-BYM on 10 May 2017.